Right here’s what we bask in learned to this point from Sunday’s Week 13 games:
Denver Broncos 23, Los Angeles Chargers 20
1. No crew loses in extra heartbreaking and/or ridiculous trend on a weekly foundation than the Chargers. Sunday afternoon used to be no exception. Down by 14 facets at one portray a woebegone Broncos facet quarterbacked by a rookie signal-caller making his first originate, Los Angeles clawed abet to tie Denver at 17 early in the fourth quarter on the legs of Melvin Gordon (Ninety nine yards) and Austin Ekeler (67 complete yards). After surrendering a plug-forward discipline aim to Brandon McManus with 4:26 to plug, the Chargers confronted a fourth-and-1 from their possess 34 with factual over two minutes to plug. After timeouts from all sides, L.A. used to be called for abet-to-abet counterfeit starts, pushing the fourth-and-manageable abet to a fourth-and-11 try. Miraculously, Philip Rivers achieved a 38-yard desperation heave to Mike Williams, who leaped over Isaac Yiadom to corral the deep ball with one hand. The conversion gave L.A. extra life and a chance to tie the game, which the Chargers did on a 46-yard Mike Badgley discipline aim with 19 seconds left.
Destined for an beyond regular time showdown with their AFC West opponents, the Chargers (4-8) in some intention wrested defeat from the jaws of victory. On the Broncos’ ensuing possession, Drew Lock launched a prayer along the coolest sideline in the direction of Courtland Sutton, but the receiver used to be interfered with by Casey Hayward on the Chargers’ 35-yard line. The refs threw the flag, and “Unusual York” did not demand the PI name to be reviewed. All of this put up a game-a hit try from McManus from fifty three yards out with three seconds left. The kicker, who had been considered throwing a tantrum in the principle half after being denied a crack at a long discipline aim try, nailed it, his 2nd a hit 50-plus-yard try in lower than five minutes. Because the ball flew thru the uprights, so flew Los Angeles’ possibilities at making the postseason. All eight of the Chargers’ losses this season bask in salvage one ranking. So discontinuance, to this point, see you later, L.A.
2. Activated off injured reserve this week after lacking Denver’s first 11 games with a thumb damage, Lock at final made his traditional-season Broncos debut. The 2nd-round rookie’s first game used to be mostly a story of two halves. Lock led touchdown drives on two of his first three drives, in conjunction with a 12-play, 80-yard march that featured five first downs and a marvelous 26-yard TD plug to a diving Courtland Sutton. The rook stumbled on Sutton (four catches, 74 yards) for but any other ranking on Denver’s subsequent pressure. Lock used to be 12-of-19 for 123 yards and the 2 ratings at halftime, but he did not bask in with regards to as grand success coming out of the ruin. In the 2nd half, Lock threw a unpleasant derive over the center to Denzel Perryman, finishing six of nine passes for factual 13 yards, none of them to huge receivers. With the downfield ingredient mostly eliminated, Lock peaceful showcased natty play on Denver’s plug-forward pressure midway thru the fourth quarter, especially on a Third-down conversion to Jeff Heuerman that prolonged the march. However the Broncos relied totally on Lock’s stellar first half and 2nd-half dump-offs to working backs to care for up on for the victory. Denver (4-8) compiled factual 218 win yards in the care for, which used to be an enchancment on the 134 Brandon Allen’s Broncos offense mustered final week towards Buffalo but left Lock room for enchancment in the season’s dying weeks.
3. The returns of Derwin James and Adrian Phillips to Los Angeles’ secondary could need helped put off a vertical assault from Lock’s Broncos — James logged all but one defensive snap, while Phillips turned around in — but it did not ignite what has been a dormant Chargers plug urge. The Bolts, led by Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram in the front seven, did not log a single QB hit on Lock, leaving the inexperienced signal-caller with nary a inexperienced grass stress. Los Angeles enjoyed a big game from rookie linebacker Drue Tranquill, whose seven solo tackles and three TFLs led the crew, but the Chargers ought to peaceful be scared they’re peaceful not seeing such production from Bosa, Ingram and the esteem at this point in the season.
— Jeremy Bergman
Baltimore Ravens 20, San Francisco 49ers 17
1. On a rain-soaked afternoon in Baltimore, with puddles dotting the discipline, John Harbaugh had no qualms about developing Justin Tucker for a long discipline-aim try and care for a slobber-knocker. Potentially the most attention-grabbing kicker in the NFL did not recoil, nailing a 49-yard try and give the Ravens a laborious-fought care for over the NFC-leading 49ers. With rain swirling down all game, Lamar Jackson had zero deep passing assault (no completions of 20-plus air-yards), but made ample performs along with his legs to dash previous a fair 49ers D. Jackson grew to alter into the principle QB with four 100-yard speeding performances in a single season, gobbling up 101 speeding yards to plug along with factual 105 passing and a TD each working and throwing. Jackson used to be a surprise along with his urge fakes, on the total getting San Francisco defenders to smash down laborious on the working abet and scampering for wide gains to the brink. The Niners gave the impression intent to quit the RBs, swallowing up Label Ingram and Gus Edwards, but allowed Lamar to realize damage on keepers. Credit the Niners for slowing a Baltimore offense that had steamrolled thru defenses, in conjunction with Marcell Harris stripping Lamar on long urge — Jackson’s first misplaced fumble on the season — to care for up the Ravens from extending the lead out of halftime. After every crew failed on fourth downs in the fourth quarter of a tied ballgame, Harbaugh’s offense ground out the final 6:28 of the competition to care for the game on Tucker’s boot. The lesson all over but again, even in the occasion you dead Lamar Jackson, he’s dang discontinuance to impossible to discontinuance down.
2. Raheem Mostert carried the 49ers offense, gashing Baltimore for wide race after mountainous race. Extensive blockading by the 49ers front, in conjunction with some beauties by tight extinguish George Kittle, opened big holes in the Ravens defense. Mostert averaged a whopping 7.7 yards per care for on 19 attempts for 146 yards, with a 40-yard TD dash. With the rain hailing from the sky, Jimmy Garoppolo lacked a deep passing game outside of a main-quarter fourth-and-2 shot to rookie Deebo Samuel, who made a big plug on the ball to bully by nook Marcus Peters for a 33-yard touchdown. Miscues, then but again, vexed Kyle Shanahan’s squad on the facet road. A Garoppolo fumble on the 2nd possession that put up a Ravens TD, a tipped neglected discipline aim on the extinguish of the half (after the 49ers gave the impression advise material to resolve for a long try), a failed fourth-down leisurely and a few non-public fouls hitting Jackson misery San Francisco in the extinguish. Even so, given the conditions and the opponent on the facet road, the Niners peaceful out-won Baltimore (331 to 283) and proved every little bit of the fighter we bask in come to impeach of this season.
3. If this used to be a preview of a capacity Sizable Bowl rematch, impress us up. The scoreboard wasn’t lit up, but the Ravens and Niners every made masses of performs, and neither coach called the game scared — attempting a blended five fourth-down conversions at some point soon of the competition. Correct defenses, counterfeit offenses, major performs each ways. In the muck, this used to be a soccer fistfight at its most attention-grabbing. The victory pushes the Ravens to 10-2, keeping the stress on the Unusual England Patriots for the cease living in the AFC (Baltimore holds the tiebreaker), and provides Harbaugh’s squad eight straight victories. No person needs to face Baltimore fair with out lengthen. The loss drops the Niners drop to 10-2 and muddles the NFC additional with Seattle (9-2) taking half in Monday night. This could be a fight to the extinguish in the NFC West and for the 2 playoff byes in a tightly contested convention.
— Kevin Patra
Los Angeles Rams 34, Arizona Cardinals 7
1. There could be no better formulation to study up getting thrashed at home on national television than with an evisceration of a divisional opponent on the facet road. Los Angeles looked esteem an fully diversified crew Sunday, using its easiest first half of 2019 (390 complete yards) to a 20-0 lead. Jared Goff (32 of 44 yards, 424 yards, two touchdowns, 118 passer ranking) utilized play circulate rollouts to connect with Robert Woods 13 cases for 172 yards. Sean McVay’s offense attacked Arizona’s weak spot — covering tight ends — finding Tyler Higbee seven cases for a profession-excessive 107 yards and one touchdown. Todd Gurley even flirted with 100 yards, finishing with 19 carries for 95 yards and one touchdown. This shouldn’t be always some costume commerce for the Rams into an explosive offense, no topic them outgaining Arizona 549-199, but it is encouraging.
2. The Rams racked up a ton of yards, certain, but additionally had the chance to understand it as a end result of their suffocating defense, which rose from giving up forty five facets to allowing factual seven Sunday. The strength in the abet of the unit used to be its plug urge, which pressured Kyler Murray all afternoon, producing one interception (a Taylor Rapp derive-six) that would also were three, if not for penalties. That’s what the Rams neglected final week and in old weeks, and what they’ll need going forward.
3. Or not it is tricky to derive grand of a be taught on the Cardinals’ offense when it used to be trailing and forced to throw from early in the game thru its conclusion. Having acknowledged that, grand of the determined momentum built by discontinuance losses to Tampa Bay and San Francisco (twice) perceived to evaporate thru the originate roof of Order Farm Stadium on Sunday. The Cardinals couldn’t derive grand of the relaxation entering into the urge or plug game and classic errors contributed to their blowout loss, exemplified by Kenyan Drake losing an originate plug in the flats in the fourth quarter simply because he did not care for his eyes on the ball. Right here is a game that reminds a younger, rebuilding crew of the topic that is a hit a game in the NFL. The determined: There could be masses of teachable film right here to be extinct for enchancment going forward.
— Gash Shook
Pittsburgh Steelers 20, Cleveland Browns 13
1. Every soccer crew meets a turning point or two in a season, and this one feels esteem the final one for the 2019 Browns. Cleveland jumped out to a 10-0 lead and even had CBS broadcaster Ian Eagle referring to them as “rolling” — a comment that felt untimely even in the 2nd — sooner than the Browns reputedly factual stopped. Credit Pittsburgh, pointless to claim, for its effort at some point soon of the final three quarters of circulate, but Cleveland’s offensive rhythm and defensive fight vanished, specifically in the final minutes of the principle half which seen the Steelers tie the game at 10-10. It gave the impression as if the Browns opinion the shorthanded Steelers would factual lay down after falling in the abet of.
They did not. Pittsburgh received the physical fight in any respect ranges of the discipline, working thru half-hearted tackle attempts and gaining extra yards that ended up proving to be the distinction. Cleveland now slides to 5-7 and faces an virtually insurmountable climb to a postseason berth, because the Browns can bask in to observe at Pittsburgh and any other teams above them in the wild card dash and peaceful bask in a date with Baltimore forward.
2. The question now becomes: Does Freddie Kitchens live to divulge the tale to the extinguish of the season? His crew’s lack of fight, accidents aside, and instant meltdown in a must-care for game reflects poorly on the coach, whose play-calling decisions in the 2nd half with the game peaceful in attain were questionable not lower than. Kitchens has slowly improved in his first season as a head coach, but it be not ample for a crew that has assembled as grand expertise because the Browns bask in. And but again, what could prove having a stumble on worse than the relaxation is the Steelers simply attempting Sunday’s game extra than Kitchens’ crew.
Or not it is been something with this crew with regards to per week, beyond the brawl two games in the past. This week, it used to be Damarious Randall’s unfamiliar benching and Kitchens’ T-shirt (the latter of which used to be admittedly overblown). For a crew that arrived with masses of “revenge” motifs in its attire, it certain did not play esteem it used to be out for vengeance.
3. Duck Hodges has moxie, and additional importantly, he doesn’t turn the ball over with regards to as on the total as Mason Rudolph. That on my own — and the heroics of James Washington — used to be ample to propel the Steelers to 20 straight facets and a home care for that every sends the Browns effectively down the postseason mountain and keeps themselves afloat in the 2nd wild-card living. That shouldn’t be to shriek that there’s legitimate belief that this crew can produce a deep urge — Pittsburgh can because any given Sunday, but it likely received’t as a end result of extra talented opponents — but Mike Tomlin deserves a ton of credit for what he’s finished with the scattered pieces with which he’s been left. Befriend in mind: Pittsburgh used to be with out Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Le’Veon Bell, JuJu Smith-Schuster, James Conner, Maurkice Pouncey and Artie Burns, and peaceful overcame a 10-point deficit and is two games above .500 with four to play. Rookie Benny Snell put the tone on the ground, struggling with to salt away the game with physical runs. The Steelers (7-5) peaceful bask in a chance to care for 10-11 games with out their franchise quarterback, and it be largely as a end result of the selections Tomlin has made — in conjunction with the one to expose to Hodges in a must-care for game towards a rival.
— Gash Shook
Tennessee Titans 31, Indianapolis Colts 17
1. In the topsy-turvy insist that is the AFC South, right here come the Titans. Ryan Tannehill is reinvigorated, Derrick Henry is rumbling and the special teams were grab. Tye Smith’s blocked discipline aim and subsequent 63-yard return for a ranking stood because the game-winner, while Tannehill’s stunning deep ball to Kalif Raymond for a 40-yard touchdown used to be the game-sealer. The Titans triumphed over the host Colts, 31-17, on Sunday, rallying from a 10-point deficit, colorful in all facets and upping their chronicle to 7-5 with their third victory in a row and fourth all the intention in which thru the final five. By the point the night ends and the Texans-Patriots game falls into insist, Tennessee could rapidly be tied for first insist in the AFC South. The Titans are alive and effectively. Punter Brett Kern averaged 48.8 yards per five punts with an extraordinary four at some point soon of the 20. Tennessee had two blocked kicks. Ryan Succop made fair on all five of his kicks (four PATs, one discipline aim). On a day in which the offense used to be balanced and efficient and the defense used to be stifling, the special teams stood out factual as effectively. This used to be a crew care for and Tennessee is a crew on the rise and in actuality grand in the postseason equation.
2. When Henry rumbles for added than 100 yards, as he did for the third straight game, the Titans are 8-0. With Tannehill beginning, Tennessee is 5-1. A a hit system has been concocted in Tennessee. Henry used to be extraordinary as a gang of Indianapolis defenders used to be wished on with regards to every play to come to a decision him down on his formulation to 149 yards in 26 carries and a 13-yard ranking that started a string of 24 straight facets for the Titans. Because the Tennessee defense started to clamp down on Indy in the 2nd half, Henry wore down the Colts. In the meantime, Tannehill persevered his stellar beginning ways since changing Marcus Mariota and reinvigorating a Titans season that perceived to be misplaced after falling to 2-4 following a shutout loss to the Broncos. Tannehill used to be efficient (17-for-22 for 182 yards, two touchdowns and 131.2 ranking) and continues to handbook a Titans turnaround pushed by the exact legs of Henry.
3. Or not it is been a season of struggles for Adam Vinatieri and Sunday’s exhibiting used to be unpleasant. He neglected three of his four discipline aim attempts with two blocks. While Vinatieri will no doubt design criticism, this loss isn’t always on him. When Tye Smith streaked to the game-a hit touchdown, he used to be one in all three Titans in the abet of the line of scrimmage on the block. Vinatieri’s misfortunes weren’t his on my own, factual because the offense’s struggles cannot be place squarely on Jacoby Brissett’s shoulders. Brissett had two well-known interceptions that modified into 10 Titans facets. However he’s very grand the final man standing on an offense ill from a depleted receiving corps and working abet Marlon Mack peaceful lacking. The Colts (6-6) bask in misplaced four of their final five with accidents and miscues mounting. All shouldn’t be misplaced, but the roof is extremely grand beginning to discontinuance on this season with out a drastic turn of momentum.
— Grant Gordon
Washington Redskins 29, Carolina Panthers 21
1. Three cases this season the Panthers (5-7) were at some point soon of the 5-yard line on the extinguish of the game with either the chance to care for or force a tie. Three cases this season Carolina has come up instant. Potentially the most recent Sunday harmful a frantic try at a comeback towards the Redskins. Following an incredible onside kick from Joey Slye, Kyle Allen drove to the 1-yard line following a 21-yard strike to D.J. Moore. However the offense stalled from there. Christian McCaffrey, who used to be held in test all day, misplaced a yard on abet-to-abet runs. An incompletion introduced up fourth-and-game but a angry scurry by Allen ended in a fumble sealing a fourth-straight loss. If Panthers owner David Tepper decides to plug on from Ron Rivera after the season, that you simply might as well portray Sunday because the beginning of the extinguish. The Panthers, peaceful clinging to wild card hope, were overwhelmed by a Washington crew that no one will confuse for a playoff contender.
2. Don’t stumble on now but the Redskins (3-9) are on a two-game a hit plug. That sentence did not appear possible the intention in which the game started, then but again, because the Panthers opened with consecutive touchdowns to soar out to a 14-point lead. However the Redskins proceeded to discontinuance down McCaffrey (44 yards speeding, 58 receiving) and stress Allen, who used to be sacked seven cases on the day. The Panthers’ drives after those first two ratings? Punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, punt, punt, punt until Allen scored on a scurry with lower than two minutes final. While Carolina’s offense turtling, the Redskins imposed their will with a dynamic ground game. 2d-300 and sixty five days expert Derrius Guice rushed for a profession-easiest 129 yards highlighted by two touchdowns and a 60-yard scurry. Adrian Peterson used to be equally efficient gashing the Panthers’ Twenty seventh-ranked urge D. Buoyed by a exact urge game, rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins did a exact job of weeding out errors (zero turnovers) to make but any other care for.
3. A upsetting 2nd for Greg Olsen and the Panthers came in the third quarter. Olsen made his 2nd take of the game and used to be today hit in the head on a helmet-to-helmet blow by Redskins linebacker Ryan Anderson. Olsen perceived to plug limp on the play and temporarily misplaced the soccer. However thankfully Olsen used to be ready to stand up on his possess energy and urge into the locker room. Olsen used to be instant dominated out and in the in the meantime is in the league’s concussion protocol, while Anderson used to be ejected and can question of a lovely from Unusual York later this week.
— David Ely
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 28, Jacksonville Jaguars 11
1. Three Jaguars possessions, three turnovers and 22 Buccaneers facets later, Tampa Bay used to be effectively on its formulation to a 28-11 overcome Jacksonville buoyed by a stunningly stupendous defensive effort. On a day indispensable for a Jaguars quarterback commerce, it used to be the Buccaneers’ opportunistic defense that introduced about it. First-round derive Devin White grew to alter into the principle rookie in Bucs history with an interception, fumble recovery and defensive TD in a single game. Tied for the NFL lead in sacks, Shaq Barrett added two extra to up his season tally to 14.5. At afternoon’s extinguish, the Tampa Bay defense had four takeaways and five sacks, allowed most efficient 242 yards of Jaguars offense and held Jacksonville to a depressing 4-for-14 on third down. It all started in startling trend. White intercepted Foles on the Jaguars’ opening pressure. Barrett’s strip sack on the following Jacksonville march used to be returned 14 yards for a ranking by White. Carl Nassib forced but any other Foles fumble and Ndamukong Suh recovered to realize the defensive blitz that started and, for all intents and capabilities, sealed the Bucs’ care for on Sunday. As Tampa Bay (5-7) emerges from this Floridian fight towards Jacksonville (4-8), neither in actuality clings to realistic playoff hopes, but the Bucs rapidly bask in a defense they’ll develop off, while the Jaguars are left with a defeat and a resolution at QB.
2. Blake Bortles is off to L.A. as a backup and the Jaguars were presupposed to bask in moved on to a fresh franchise quarterback, one with a Sizable Bowl pedigree. While Jacksonville could effectively bask in ended Sunday with its fresh franchise QB below center, it wasn’t Gash Foles. Sent to the bench following a 3-turnover exhibiting in a scoreless first half, Foles gave formulation to Gardner Minshew. Minshew took over in Week 1 after Foles used to be injured. This time round it used to be because Foles used to be driving the fight bus that is the Jaguars offense, concluding the principle half with a 41.7 passer ranking. Minshew came on in the 2nd half, led a pair of scoring drives, threw a touchdown and a two-pointer to Dede Westbrook and even kinda, sorta made a game of it. Mute, Minshew used to be removed from extraordinary. He used to be 16-of-27 for 147 yards, the touchdown, an interception and a 71.1 ranking. Because the Jaguars’ season reputedly limps to its conclusion, there are inquiries to be answered for the relaxation of the season and going forward for the franchise. In that respect, not grand has modified.
3. Jameis Winston’s reign because the king of the gruesome 300-yard game came to an extinguish. Winston had thrown six straight 300-yard-plus games coming in, but finished taken aback of that impress with 268 yards and most importantly a care for. Winston had his twenty fifth giveaway (he misplaced a fumble) and made some adventurous throws as long-established. However for the most section played effectively ample for the Bucs to care for. Even in defeat, the Bucs, whether or not or not it be Winston or 1,000-yard receivers Mike Evans and Chris Godwin (who blended for eight catches for 103 yards) bask in place up gaudy numbers. As but any other on this Sunday, the Bucs received with defense and conservative offensive numbers. Presumably it be factual an aberration at some point soon of Bruce Arians’ first season on the helm or in all likelihood it be a impress of adjustments to come.
— Grant Gordon
Inexperienced Bay Packers 31, Unusual York Giants 13
1. Following the Packers’ blowout loss to the 49ers and sooner than their Week 13 matchup, Aaron Jones acknowledged Inexperienced Bay’s mindset used to be that “fair teams develop not lose two in a row.” The trend paid off as Inexperienced Bay bounced abet and got a grand-wished victory on the facet road in the Meadowlands towards the Giants. Playing in unpleasant conditions — rain, hail, sleet, snow and then rain but again – each teams had the deck stacked towards them. Aaron Rodgers tossed four touchdown passes, in conjunction with a pair to his approved intention Davante Adams. After being stifled by the stingy 49ers defense final week, Allen Lazard came up grab with 103 receiving yards on three receptions. Lazard, whose 43-yard take helped put up a Packers TD, remains to be an asset for the offense. Going thru a Giants’ urge defense that ranks Twenty 2nd in the league, the Packers’ urge game used to be held to a mere seventy nine yards in the slick environment. The Packers got the care for over the lowly Giants and righted the ship, for now. To Inexperienced Bay’s serve, three of the four opponents final on its docket are in the in the meantime below .500. Ideally, the Packers (9-3) will be ready to cruise to postseason play.
2. A Giants offense sans Golden Tate, Evan Engram and Rhett Ellison did not bode effectively for Extensive Blue. Unusual York confirmed flashes of excitement but in the extinguish lacked consistency, which is par for the direction this season. Daniel Jones used to be 20-for-37 for 240 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions. Jones relied on Kaden Smith and Darius Slayton to shoulder the weight in the passing game, especially with the urge game inserting up 95 yards. Jones suffered an ankle damage leisurely in the 2nd quarter and had it examined sooner than coming abet and taking half in the relaxation of the game. For a 2nd, it regarded Eli Manning could produce his return to the discipline. However those hopes were dashed. 2d-half turnovers proved to be dear for the younger Giants signal-caller, who has now tossed 11 picks this season, and for the possibilities of a comeback.
3. Saquon Barkley’s ankle perceived to be bothering him at some point soon of the game. Barkley hasn’t returned to his dilapidated self since suffering a excessive-ankle sprain earlier this season. In his final three games, he’s averaged 62 yards from scrimmage. In opposition to the Packers, Barkley toted the ball 19 cases for 83 yards along with his longest urge approaching a 16-yard burst. However to be utterly swish, it did not stumble on esteem a 83-yard game for the working abet. No longer having Barkley at tubby strength and lacking other key offensive weapons bask in change into weekly deficits for the Giants. Unusual York (2-10) has two tilts with Philly and matchups with Miami and Washington final. If the Giants can sustain their flashes of competency, in all likelihood the woeful crew can discontinuance out the 2019 campaign exact.
— Andie Hagemann
Cincinnati Bengals 22, Unusual York Jets 6
1. The Bengals (1-11) tasted victory for the principle time this season. Andy Dalton returned as their beginning QB after being benched for rookie Ryan Finley in Week 9 and led the Bengals to their first care for. After a rusty first pressure, Dalton (243 yards, TD) threw a ideal plug between three Jets defenders for a 17-yard touchdown to Tyler Boyd. He used to be ready to build away with the ball so instant and worked the Jets’ corners all of the game. Dalton grew to alter into the Bengals’ all-time leader in passing touchdowns (198) and profession completions (finished with 2,669) all sooner than halftime. Boyd, C.J. Uzomah and Auden Tate had their intention with the Jets secondary. The crew congratulated Zac Taylor with a Gatorade bathtub on the extinguish of the game for registering his first care for as an NFL head coach.
2. Cincinnati’s defense deserves some credit after the intention in which they played currently. This used to be the unit’s easiest game of the season, especially the Bengals secondary. The Jets couldn’t derive the relaxation finished on offense. Carlos Dunlap had Sam Darnold working for his life and used to be ready to sack him three cases (four complete for the crew). The Bengals defense recorded its first safety in 1,099 days (first since Week 12, 2016 vs. Ravens), per NFL Analysis.
3. The Jets (4-8) were bullied by a 0-11 crew. They grew to alter into the principle crew in NFL history to bask in misplaced to 2 teams 0-7-or-worse entering their matchup in the same season. Errors up front and penalties (10 for 106 yards) impress the Jets currently. Anytime they did the relaxation promising, it used to be worn out by penalties. Shall we remark, Le’Veon Bell’s longest urge of the season (22 yards) used to be worn out by a preserving name. The Jets confronted the league’s lowest-ranked urge defense and ought to peaceful not derive the urge game going. They most efficient ran the ball 17 cases all of the game. Their key participant on defense, Jamal Adams, did not portray up currently and used to be considered sporting a strolling boot after the game. Adams used to be emotional when he urged reporters he used to be ready to total the game in effort but “couldn’t form.”
— Lakisha Wesseling
Miami Dolphins 37, Philadelphia Eagles 28
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick throws an interception on the principle play from scrimmage. Carson Wentz throws a touchdown plug to Miles Sanders on the fourth play from scrimmage. At the onset it looked as if the clear up to the Eagles’ ills used to be a outing to South Shoreline. It wasn’t that straightforward for Philadelphia, though, because the Fitzpatrick-led Dolphins fought and rallied for care for No. 3 and place the Eagles’ playoff hopes very grand in pain. Chris Lammons clutched an interception on Carson Wentz’s final-2nd Hail Mary try and total the upset, add a highlight to a Dolphins season largely lacking them and in all likelihood originate to position the finishing touches on the Eagles’ aspirations for an elongated season.
Miami (3-9) rallied previous Philly (5-7) with a little bit of FitzMagic, masses of DeVante Parker and a few razzle-dazzle. Draft insist is extra well-known than AFC East standing in the exact world that is the Dolphins’ 2019 season, but with Fitzpatrick on the helm there’s fight to be had in every game fair trusty along with entertainment. Journeyman is a term on the total be taught or acknowledged with a unfavourable connotation. Whilst you stumble on it up, there ought to peaceful be a image of the bearded surprise that is Fitzpatrick and likewise you ought to peaceful smile. He grew to alter into the most attention-grabbing participant in NFL history to throw a touchdown towards an opponent (acknowledged Eagles) with seven diversified franchises. Yep, Fitzpatrick spreads his magic round. In opposition to Philly, Fitzpatrick (27-for-39, 365 yards, three touchdowns) spread the ball round to seven plug-catchers, in conjunction with Parker. In the course of a profession season, Parker had a profession game with seven catches for a profession-excessive 159 yards and his first two-touchdown performance. While Fitzpatrick linked with seven receivers, eight Dolphins caught passes…
2. The Philly Special could stay on because the most storied play in Eagles history, but on Sunday it used to be Philly who relinquished a trick touchdown. Leisurely in the 2nd quarter, Miami confronted a fourth-and-1 at Philly’s 1-yard line. With all and sundry but Fins punter Matt Haack and the long snapper lined up huge, Haack took a bid snap and then unleashed the fury of a pinpoint shovel plug to huge-originate kicker Jason Sanders (because why not) for six wonderful facets of trickery. Sanders then got abet to scoring thru extra archaic methodology with a plug-forward extra point off a preserve from Haack and the Dolphins owned a 14-13 lead towards the reeling Eagles. The relaxation can happen on Sundays and the relaxation did happen in Miami.
3. Wentz’s play has come below fire as of leisurely and rightfully in shriek he had four turnovers in the Eagles’ loss the week sooner than the Seahawks in which they scored a season-low nine facets. The struggles prolonged beyond factual final week and time will divulge if a turnaround extends previous the dilapidated first-rounder’s exhibiting on this Sunday, as Wentz had 310 yards, three touchdowns and an necessary-if-not-extraordinary 93.6 QB ranking. Absolute self belief helped by the return of Alshon Jeffery (nine catches for 137 yards and a touchdown), Lane Johnson and Nelson Agholor, Wentz and the Eagles peaceful did not bask in ample to stave off the upset. Philadelphia neglected but any other chance to take the Cowboys (6-6) — who spent the weekend figuring out kickers after their Thanksgiving loss to Buffalo — misplaced their third in a row and most importantly misplaced overtime in a season that is working out. If the NFL Gods bask in one intention of humor, the winner of the NFC East will clinch after a loss. Even after Sunday’s defeat, it would also peaceful be Philly.
— Grant Gordon
Kansas Metropolis Chiefs 40, Oakland Raiders 9
1. The Kansas Metropolis Chiefs place a stranglehold on the AFC West by suffocating the Oakland Raiders in a slumbering blowout. The Chiefs defense clamped down on a minute Oakland offense, utterly obliterating the Raiders. Tyrann Mathieu picked off Derek Carr on the principle possession of the game, and Okay.C. smothered the Raiders’ passing assault the leisure of the intention in which. Defensive lineman Chris Jones played game-wrecker all afternoon, developing store in the Oakland backfield, compiling a sack, QB hit, tackle for loss, plug defended, and a bevy of different pressures. The backend of the Chiefs’ defense used to be amazing, giving Carr nowhere to plug along with the ball on loads of cases. Rookie safety Juan Thornhill jumped a Tyrell Williams slant to swipe Carr’s plug leisurely in the principle half and danced to the extinguish zone for a 21-0 end result in normally place away the game early. Josh Jacobs used to be the Raiders lone brilliant living, because the rookie dashed for 104 yards on 17 carries. The pounding Jacobs grew to alter into first Raiders rookie working abet to plug for 1,000 yards speeding in his first season. A garbage-time TD from Carr with 39 seconds left broke a Raiders touchdown-much less plug that stretched abet to the 2nd quarter of Week 11 (147 performs) — apropos, the PAT used to be blocked and returned by Okay.C. for two extra facets. Sure, it used to be towards a beleaguered Raiders offense, but the Chiefs defense looks to be jelling down the stretch, which could point to gigantic for Okay.C. come January.
2. If anyone urged you that Patrick Mahomes would be held below the 200-yard passing impress, and the Chiefs would bask in one offense play that went extra than 20 yards, that you simply would be succesful of seemingly mediate the game used to be not lower than discontinuance. Nope. Despite getting somewhat healthy for the principle time in weeks, the Okay.C. offense, taking half in in gusty aspects that usually sent even Mahomes’ fashioned bullets flying wayward, wasn’t crisp. It mattered naught, with the Chiefs offense taking fair trusty thing about instant fields and Raiders penalties to blow out the division rival. Rookie working abet Darwin Thompson entered leisurely after Darrell Williams left with a hamstring damage. The sixth-round derive looked fair, producing 44 yards and a TD leisurely in the fourth quarter because the Chiefs salted away the game. This could be attention-grabbing to stumble on if Andy Reid provides the rookie extra urge down the stretch after the optimistic performance.
3. The victory, in which the Chiefs were flagged for zero well-liked penalties for the principle time since 1974, per CBS, locations Okay.C. in insist to care for the AFC West for the fourth straight season. At 8-4, Reid’s crew has a two-game edge on Oakland (6-6) in the care for column. After beating the Raiders twice to make the tiebreaker, the advantage is three games with four to play. Jon Gruden received’t be overjoyed with how his crew came out in a contention game, which incorporated 12 penalties for Ninety nine yards (one DPI called on a sales space review that worn out an extinguish-zone INT), that truly handed the Chiefs the division. Oakland has had determined moments this season, but abet-to-abet losses by 31 facets select some shine off the Raiders fair games.
— Kevin Patra