Paced by Lamar Jackson and Label Ingram, the Baltimore Ravens (9-2) ran over the misplaced Los Angeles Rams (6-5) in a 45-6 trouncing on “Monday Evening Soccer” in Week 12. Here’s what we realized from Baltimore’s unheard of grab:
1. Lamar Jackson is untouchable. The marvelous Ravens renegade ramshackled Los Angeles’ protection (ranked fifth in stopping the hasten coming into Week 12) from the hole snap on Monday night. Led by Jackson and a shot-out-of-a-cannon floor game paced by a mauling Label Ingram (111 yards), Baltimore opened the complaints with six straight runs down the throat of Aaron Donald’s Rams and by no blueprint let up. The Ravens broke off six touchdown drives on their first six possessions against L.A., becoming the predominant team to enact so for the rationale that 2008 Saints. Five of the touchdowns came via Jackson’s arm, the five scores accounting for one-third of his 15 completions; by the level he threw his final TD of the night, Jackson had tossed nine TDs in his final 44 makes an strive. Lamar done Monday night with 169 passing yards, 95 rushing yards and (seemingly) zero detractors.
The second-Twelve months thrower’s first “Monday Evening Soccer” game turned into as soon as as dominant a showing as any an offensive player has loved this season, unheard of extra so than Jackson in earlier weeks against execrable opponents in Miami and Cincinnati, when the QB logged perfect 158.3 passer scores. So as a lot as the mark turned into as soon as Jackson on Monday night that the Ravens had been 8-of-10 on third down below his stewardship and following every misses, Jackson converted on fourth down, as soon as with his legs and as soon as with his arm. On the latter, the QB had to foyer Ravens coach John Harbaugh to transfer for it despite Baltimore already being up 29 functions. Baltimore’s skipper acquiesced and turned into as soon as proven appropriate for doing so. Jackson’s spirit is embodied in his team: immediate, decisive, courageous and fully unique. The Ravens, and rattling cease to anyone who watches their video games, are greater for it.
2. Misplaced within the aftermath of Baltimore’s blowout stands out as the play of the QB’s supporting cast on offense. Ingram (2 TDs) map the tone with extremely effective pickups early on, spelled by a thunderous Gus Edwards (55 yards) and lightning-immediate Justice Hill (27 yards) as soon as in a whereas and at final when the game bought out of hand. Jackson’s designed runs tore up a Rams entrance that will per chance now not play sideline-to-sideline with the like a flash ball-provider, however credit score must easy be given to his boulevard-grading offensive line, which overcame the loss of starting center Matt Skura to a knee sprain. Sans its aged snapper, Baltimore racked up a season-high 285 rushing yards (its sixth 200-yard rushing video games) and 31 first downs (tied for a season-high). The Ravens’ grueling floor game sprung an aerial ****** that found holes in Los Angeles’ zone protection. Hollywood Brown made himself at home in Los Angeles, finding house within the Rams’ secondary for 2 touchdowns, and Seth Roberts (39 yards) and Willie Snead (2 TDs) had been similarly schemed open. Jackson marveled after the game that Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman turned into as soon as “in his accumulate” on Monday night. The same may well additionally be acknowledged for the total Ravens offense.
3. The Rams wore their all-yellow shade-escape uniforms on Monday night, the same ones they donned for final season’s 54-51 shootout with the Kansas City Chiefs. This time round, the mustard kits didn’t inspire such explosive play and in its put had been extra emblematic of an offense slowing down at a yellow light after speeding undeterred for 2-plus seasons. Just final Twelve months the darling of NFL’s offenses, Sean McVay’s ****** may well now not withhold with Roman’s on the assorted sideline. Jared Goff (212 yards, two second-half of INTs) mused postgame that “the game bought away from us.” That’s an underestimation. Los Angeles went three-and-out on its first two drives, and despite their most efficient efforts to construct the hasten with Todd Gurley (six carries, 22 yards) and hasten hasten-up, the Rams swiftly fell valid into a two-catch hole, and then a three-catch hole, etc and so forth. Whereas Baltimore turned into as soon as 6-of-7 within the purple zone, Los Angeles turned into as soon as 0-for-2, kicking two area targets within the predominant half of when the Ravens had been hitting pay dirt. The gorgeous incompatibility between Baltimore and L.A. may well no longer be to any extent further stark, too. The Ravens play confident ball at 1.5x tempo, led by an assured, cellular quarterback; the Rams hasten a slow-rising, chopped-and-screwed ****** guided by a perma-rattled price-caller. Baltimore’s play is easy. The Rams labor to grasp up yards, and their labor is fruitless.
4. Marcus Peters’ affect on every the Ravens and Rams turned into as soon as felt in his return in Los Angeles on Monday. Traded from the Rams to the Ravens on Oct. 15, Peters has been a grab-six prince within the Enchantment City and the lynchpin to a Ravens defensive turnaround. Within the intervening time, the Rams maintain made enact without the corner, changing him with Jalen Ramsey in a separate alternate. Ramsey’s presence in L.A.’s secondary turned into as soon as no longer ample to silence Baltimore and the All-Pro corner didn’t assemble unheard of noise on the stat sheet (six tackles, trot defensed). Peters, on the assorted hand, turned into as soon as heard loud and obvious at some level of and after the game. The Ravens corner picked off Goff within the fourth quarter because the Rams had been mounting a futile scoring pressure and turned into as soon as joined by his contemporary teammates within the Coliseum stop zone for a community describe. After the fourth quarter concluded, one which featured extra than one sideline pictures of Peters celebrating his victory, Ramsey and Peters reportedly exchanged many a profane discover on every of their programs up the Coliseum tunnel into their respective locker rooms, with Peters reportedly bragging about “kicking the Rams’ ass out of the playoffs,” per ESPN. That’s the blueprint in which you proceed-off a revenge game.
5. Talking of the playoffs, the Rams create no longer watch destined for January soccer, and or no longer it is magnificent to shock if they’ve already reached the peak of the Sean McVay period. At 6-5, Los Angeles is 2 video games attend of the Vikings (8-3) within the wild card and 4 video games attend of the 49ers (10-1) within the division. After being blown out by a Tall Bowl contender in Baltimore, the Rams must easy no longer be anticipated to private tempo down the stretch, with video games against San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas and sneaky Arizona (twice!) easy forward. Los Angeles is ideal the most up-to-date aspect to endure a Tall Bowl hangover. This one may well additionally final a whereas.
6. Aaron Donald had one cope with and right three complete pressures against Baltimore, and this sentence turned into as soon as potentially the predominant time you heard or read his name all night.
7. Baltimore is on tempo for a most predominant-round bye and to be essentially the most bright working team within the game’s historical previous, however this may per chance per chance face arguably its toughest test subsequent week. The Ravens maintain five days to map up for the surging 49ers, who love Baltimore handled a McVay-ish aspiring contender this week after they throttled Matt LaFleur’s Packers on Sunday night. The matchup between Baltimore’s multi-dimensional offense and San Francisco’s uber-athletic protection, led by a deep entrance seven, will seemingly be one of this season’s most anticipated and a capability Tall Bowl preview.