Hello, friend. Good morning! Only two more sleeps till October. That’s just crazy to me.
So I was outside watering the plants on my deck this morning, a.k.a. the Lady Sanctuary, and I’m trying to figure out what the heck I’m gonna do with that space later this fall and winter… The plants are still hanging on, but they won’t be much longer.
Every summer I plant a lush little cat-safe garden back there (it’s on the deck off my bedroom, which is above the deck that has the Tabby Command Center), and every year I just let the plants slowly wither through the winter, mostly because I don’t hang out much on the deck when it’s cold, not that it really gets THAT cold in the Bay Area, but still… Cold enough to not want to be out there.
But it’s kind of depressing when I open my bedroom curtains around Christmas and see a bunch of sad, dead foliage, so maybe if I jooj-ed it up with some fall and winter plants, I’d be motivated enough to take care of them? I dunno… I don’t know anything about gardening in winter. Maybe I should start with a winter test garden with just three or four plants? What do you think? I know there are a bunch of gals here on MBB who are kindred spirits with ‘ze plants. Please halp.
Hmm… While I contemplate botany and breakfast, here are some articles to get you going on this lovely Caturday.
- Makeup is a full-body, 360-degree thing when makeup artists prepare celebs for the stage or red carpet. Not only do artists have to consider their clients’ faces, but also their arms, necks and feet!
- Most American men don’t wear makeup, but that might be changing, as more and more men look at makeup and beauty as part of “self care.”
- Dust off your old pink velour tracksuit (the one you wore EVERYWHERE in 1999), because Juicy Couture’s coming out with a new makeup line.
- NYX just launched a library of beauty how-to videos called Masterclass, where you can learn from industry artists like Patrick Ta (he does makeup for Gigi Hadid; I’ve been following his career since forever!), as well as popular YouTube influencers.
- Why is dating app Bumble releasing a skin care line? Maybe their reasons are similar to 7-Eleven’s. Many large companies that previously didn’t have any ties to the fashion or cosmetics worlds are coming out with their own beauty products or collaborating with beauty brands.
- I’m totally not a nail art person (I’m so bad at it, unless it’s basic), but I think I have the skills to handle this Sharpie manicure.
- Photography stalwart Canon’s latest printer does a bunch of cool things, but most importantly, IT PRINTS OUT NAIL ART.
- A Swedish grocery chain just released a fragrance that smells like rotten milk… Eau du no thanks!
- Do you like surprises? If you do, you might love the new mystery kits Sephora is releasing for the holidays.
- —–> Favorite story of the week
- If you merged foundation with tinted moisturizer, you’d get this.
- Sephora and Ulta’s fight for the $48.3 billion makeup industry…
The history behind Sephora and Ulta in the US and their ongoing battle for customers
Nope, I’m not crying.
Gorgeous. On repeat at the moment.
See ya later! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,