Roundup: Seahawks WR David Moore injures shoulder
With rookie D.K. Metcalf already on the mend resulting from a knee injury, the Seattle Seahawks receiving corps took one other hit Thursday when David Moore suffered a shoulder injury in practice.
On Friday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll stated Moore could presumably presumably be out for a whereas and is now no longer expected to return by the birth of the peculiar season.
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, per a supply, reported that Moore is getting a 2nd notion on the injury, which is now no longer expected to require surgical plan.
Carroll added he’s hopeful pass rusher Ziggy Ansah (shoulder/groin) will birth up training for the principle time with the team within the upcoming week.
As for Metcalf, Carroll stated he’s now heading within the correct path for “a big restoration.”
Carroll moreover stated guard Mike Iupati is predicted to return in time for the opener.
Listed below are varied information objects we’re monitoring all over the league Friday:
1. Jordan Reed suffered one other head injury.
The Washington Redskins’ broken-down tight pause is within the concussion protocol for now no longer decrease than the fourth time in his profession, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Reed took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Falcons safety Keanu Neal for the duration of a preseason game Thursday.
The talented pass catcher has missed a minimal of two games in every of his six seasons, including 13 over the previous two. Reed, 29, led Washington in receiving (54 catches, 558 yards) in 2018. He’s backed up by 35-year-extinct Vernon Davis.
2. Indianapolis Colts quarterback Jacoby Brissett is now no longer going to play on Saturday night against the Chicago Bears, Rapoport reported. With Andrew Luck’s region within the air to begin the peculiar season, the Colts are sitting the bulk of their starters and Brissett is at existing one of them.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is regarded as on each day basis after struggling a hamstring injury Thursday against the Dolphins, Rapoport reported. The injury is now no longer as substandard because the one Pryor had two weeks ago, Rapoport added.
4. Inexperienced Bay Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown, who modified into once injured Thursday against the Raiders, suffered a high-ankle sprain and is prone to be out four-six weeks, per Rapoport, who added X-rays had been unfavourable.
5. The Baltimore Ravens are signing broken-down linebacker Paul Worrilow, Rapoport reported. The team later confirmed the signing.
6. Atlanta Falcons defensive deal with Ra’Shede Hageman is believed to luxuriate in suffered a stinger on Thursday night, a supply informed Pelissero. Hageman left Atlanta’s preseason game against the Redskins with a neck injury.