The Los Angeles Chargers snagged a developmental quarterback in the fifth spherical of the 2019 NFL Draft.
The Chargers made North Dakota Remark signal-caller Easton Stick the 166th overall capture.
Stick took over for Carson Wentz as the Bison quarterback and received 49 video games over four seasons at NDSU.
At 6-foot-1, Stick doesn’t own the scale or arm energy of Wentz, but is an correct passer with very perfect athleticism. His abilities in a genuine-trend machine is a tall boon for the quarterback coming out of the FCS.
“Any individual’s going to draft him vivid he’s got to sit down down and form in the passing sport,” a QBs coach told NFL Community’s Tom Pelissero. “But he ran for (41) touchdowns in college. The 2nd they got in the pink zone or they got in four-minute mode, he turned into once the working again, ceaselessly, which is form of enjoy what the Panthers slay with (Cam) Newton, and you watch (Mitch) Trubisky doing that. That form of a machine that values that even more, it gives him a better likelihood, too. After which [his] off-the-charts intangibles.”
In L.A., Stick has the lush of discovering out below Philip Rivers for the next several seasons. With the Chargers bringing in Tyrod Taylor as a backup this offseason, Stick projects as the third QB who mustn’t be pressed into responsibility as a signal-caller in 2019.
The #Chargers real got an spell binding prospect: Carson Wentz’s inclined backup at North Dakota Remark, Easton Stick, who will most seemingly be in a role to slay more than play QB … https://t.co/EHf4TToeuA pic.twitter.com/USsZ3OWYS8â€” Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
April 27, 2019
Listed right here are other quarterbacks chosen on Day 3 of the draft:
1. The Bengals traded up to draft N.C. Remark quarterback Ryan Finley with the 104th capture.
2. The Patriots chosen Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham with the 133rd capture.
3. The Eagles drafted Northwestern’s Clayton Thorson with the 167th capture as insurance protection for Carson Wentz.
4. The Jaguars snagged Washington Remark’s Gardner Minshew with the 178th capture.
5. The Ravens drafted Penn Remark quarterback Tag McSorley with the 197th capture.