Robert Lewandowski’s unbelievable scoring stagger persisted as Bayern Munich booked their disclose in the closing 16 of the Champions League by beating Olympiakos.
Lewandowski has scored in all 14 of Bayern’s European and Bundesliga video games this season, with a tally of 20 across every competitions.
He made it 1-0 from Kingsley Coman’s detrimental, before change Ivan Perisic scored with his first contact dumb on.
The cease consequence noticed Bayern jump relieve fromtheir 5-1 lossat Eintracht Frankfurt.
After that home defeat on Saturday ended in supervisor Niko Kovac’s sacking, assistant coach Hansi Flick oversaw a routine victory on Wednesday.
The Greek traffic hardly ever threatened, failing to hold an effort heading in the precise direction, and their hopes of staying in the Champions League will likely be over if Tottenham Hotspur beat Crimson Extensive name Belgrade in a while Wednesday.
Poland striker Lewandowski’s purpose became as soon as his twenty fourth of the season for membership and country in his Twenty first appearance of 2019-20 in all competitions.
Having netted 14 instances in 10 league video games up to now this term, he now has six targets from Bayern’s four wins in Neighborhood B of the Champions League.
The German league champions, no matter inserting up with a no longer easy defence of their home title – sitting fourth in the Bundesliga – had been ruthless in Europe.
They received 7-2 at Tottenham and 3-2 in Greece in October, after opening their marketing campaign with a 3-0 home take over Crimson Extensive name.
The hosts might presumably additionally hold received by extra but Benjamin Pavard’s header struck the submit on the stroke of half of-time.
Match stats – Lewandowski on fire
- Bayern Munich striker Lewandowski grew to became the third player to get in eight consecutive Champions League community stage appearances, after Cristiano Ronaldo (9, 2012 to 2014) and Lionel Messi (eight, 2015 to 2017).
- Since he joined Bayern Munich in 2014-15, no player has scored extra community-stage targets in the Champions League than Lewandowski (31 – same as Messi), and he has now scored in every of his closing eight such video games in the competition (13 targets).
- Bayern hold received every of their first four matches of a Champions League marketing campaign for the fourth time, additionally doing so in 2010-11, 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Olympiakos hold now misplaced every of their previous six away Champions League matches; their longest such stagger in the competition since a stagger of eight defeats between 2001 and 2003.
- Bayern’s Manuel Neuer made his 104th Champions League appearance, surpassing Oliver Kahn (103) to now inspire the file for essentially the most appearances by a German goalkeeper in the competition.