Barcelona didn’t attain for the first time in 46 residence video games as they had been held to a scheme by Slavia Prague.
Lionel Messi, who didn’t ranking or provide an lend a hand for the first time in a residence Champions League community game since 2012, struck the bar and had the supreme of Barca’s six photos not off target.
His fierce left-footed strike changed into properly saved by Ondrej Kolar in the first half.
Barca remain high of Champions League Neighborhood F, while the guests are bottom.
Ernesto Valverde’s facet absorb eight components from four video games, whileBorussia Dortmund are in second trouble with seven components after beating Inter Milanin a thriller at the Westfalenstadion.
The guests began brightly but the intelligent Nigerian striker Peter Olayinka changed into unable to latch onto Petr Sevcik’s square pass in the fourth minute.
Barca had been lacklustre early on and their most potent attacking threat changed into paunchy-again Nelson Semedo, who twice broke certain down the correct, earlier than wasting the final ball.
Messi then grew into the game, exhibiting glimpses of his brilliance with out being ready to strike the decisive blow.
The Barca talisman brilliantly grew to become Michal Frydrych in his absorb half earlier than bursting certain and firing a shot at aim, but his effort struck the crossbar.
Moments later, Kolar changed into readily on hand to use out a Gerard Pique header with one more acrobatic build.
All aspects had dreams disallowed for offside after the video assistant referee (VAR) intervened, as first Jan Boril’s end-range end changed into ruled out, after which Arturo Vidal’s end changed into chalked off after Messi changed into penalised in the build-up.
Winger Ansu Fati, 17, changed into introduced off the bench in the second half and he snappy fed Messi with the outdoor of his correct foot, but the Argentine could well per chance handiest hiss his shot straight at the fine Kolar from end range.
Barcelona lost 3-1 to Levante in La Liga on Saturday and coach Ernesto Valverde said: “We have not been convincing, both on Saturday or at the present time, and we know there might maybe be very about a strain now on the team. Now we must always acknowledge.”
The La Liga champions face Borussia Dortmund at residence of their subsequent Champions League game on Wednesday, 27 November (20:00 GMT), while Slavia host Inter Milan at the same time.
Barca lengthen competition portray – the stats
- Barcelona absorb prolonged their unbeaten residence lumber to 34 video games in the Champions League (W30 D4 L0) – the longest lumber with out defeat on residence soil in the competition’s ancient past.
- Slavia Prague absorb didn’t steal any of their seven away fits against Spanish opposition in European competition (D5 L2), drawing their past four such video games.
- Slavia Prague are the first facet to forestall Barcelona from scoring at the Nou Camp since Getafe held them to a goalless scheme in February 2018 (additionally their last 0-0 scheme at residence), ending a lumber of scoring in 45 consecutive residence fits in all competitions.
- Lionel Messi has didn’t attain in again-to-again Champions League fits for Barcelona at the Nou Camp for the first time since March/April 2015 (v Manchester Metropolis and Paris St-Germain).
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen has conceded loyal 11 dreams in his 26 Champions League appearances for Barcelona at the Nou Camp, maintaining 15 tidy sheets and by no design conceding larger than a single aim in a game.
- Since his Champions League debut for Barcelona in September 2008, handiest Sergio Ramos (30) has received extra yellow cards in the competition than Gerard Pique (26) – he has now been shown three yellow cards in this season’s competition and can omit Barcelona’s subsequent game against Borussia Dortmund.